How to Make Breakfast Pizza
You will either hear ‘breakfast pizza’ and think it is the best idea anybody has ever suggested or will absolutely hate the idea and think it doesn’t work at all. We can confirm it really does work. And it is delicious.
Breakfast pizzas are perfect for those lazy weekend mornings where the weather is nice enough to sit outside all day. Or maybe you like eating breakfast foods for dinner. This works too. Just fire up your outdoor wood-fired pizza oven, and your breakfast pizza will be ready in no time.
You will need:
- – 1 cup plain flour
- – 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- – 16 tbsp Greek yogurt, without liquid
- – Pinch of salt
- – 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- – ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- – 3 mushrooms, sliced
- – 1 medium egg
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the yogurt, mixing with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Remove once combined and knead on a lightly floured surface until dough is tacky.
- Divide into 4 equal balls, then roll the dough balls out into flat pizza bases of about 7” diameter.
- Top with the bacon, cheese and mushrooms, leaving a space in the center for the egg.
- If you prefer to have your egg well-done, gently break it on before it goes in the pizza oven for around 10 minutes.
- If you prefer a softer yolk, bake the pizza for 5 minutes beforehand, take it out, then put it back in the oven for another five minutes until the crust is browning and egg is set.
Note: This recipe makes four small personal pizzas.
See? So easy! And all ingredients are perfectly suitable for breakfast time too, so it will feel completely normal. The fact that it is healthy is even better news. All the joys of a pizza, but without the calories and the over-full feeling afterwards. Even the dough base is healthy, using Greek yogurt. This recipe truly offers a breakfast for champions!
The choice of toppings is endless and can be completely adapted to suit your usual breakfast diet. For this recipe, we used bacon, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and an egg, but you could also use peppers, onions, avocado or any leftover veggies from the night before. The possibilities of endless!